Anchors aweigh, 2021!
Adobe and Articulate told us it would happen and the day has come. With the new year, Adobe discontinued Flash. We’ve been asked throughout our hands-on Articulate 360 training, “What now?” So, let’s answer today’s “as heard in training” question to help prepare you for your 2021 e-Learning goals.
Articulate’s done a great job—for more than a year—of keeping this e-Learning community informed with the impending elimination of Flash. (Their website’s even had a nice little floating reminder!)
We’d like to help too.
As you may know, if you’re hosting e-Learning that lives in the Articulate Mobile Player app (which runs on Flash), is a Flash-only published course, or relies on Flash animations or videos, be sure to upgrade…everyone’s doing it!
If you said “yes” to any of the above three qualifications, let’s quickly cover a couple of ways you can upgrade: the do-it-yourself way or with a little help from us at Yukon Learning.
Upgrade Your Own e-Learning
Here’s how you can easily DIY your Flash-to-HTML5 e-Learning upgrade and republish your courses:
- Grab a license for Articulate 360 or Storyline 3.
- Open the original course file and agree to the upgrade prompt.
- Storyline will immediately update your course.
- Verify that your project looks great and make any adjustments.
- Republish this e-Learning for distribution!
Help is Here
How exactly does a conversion project with Yukon Learning go, you ask? Well, we’d customize your new Modern Player to your preferences and then convert one course for your review. From there, we’re full steam ahead, and for each project, you would receive:
- The upgraded and Flash-free source files (so you can maintain the course whenever you need)
- The LMS- or Web-published e-Learning package for your hosting platform (to replace the older versions of the course)
Your needs are unique and would determine the scope of your specific project, so let’s chat to best get you where you want to be! (…in a flash…get it?)
Remember to check out more information from Articulate, that you can totally handle this, and that we’re here for you at Yukon Learning if you need us. Reach out anytime, by sending us an email or by commenting below!