You may know how quick and easy it is to develop beautiful, modern courses using Rise 360. It might be hard to imagine Rise 360 being any faster or easier, but we’re going to make things even simpler by repurposing e-Learning content you’ve already developed! Think about it…no more repetitive rebuilds across multi-module projects…just create and recycle. Or as we like to say, “Make it great and duplicate!”
Repurposing content can be helpful when you have a design you’d like to carry consistently through one e-Learning course or over multiple modules. Maybe it involves your branding, the structure of your course objectives, the layout of an interaction, or even contact information.
We love developing e-Learning, and we love teaching all things e-Learning in our hands-on Rise 360 training. Still, we understand the benefit of reducing development time!
So, let’s look at two ways we can reuse e-Learning design as we answer this “as heard in training” question: “Can I create reusable templates in Rise 360?”
To repurpose content in Rise 360, we’ll create a Block Template. This will give us a copy of our custom design that we can reuse and recycle.
1) First, make sure your content is ready to replicate. (Are you on-brand? Spacing OK?)
2) Then, open the Block Library, just as you would when creating a new block (by selecting the plus icon or All Blocks button), and choose the very last option: Block Templates.
Tip: If you have an Articulate 360 Teams subscription, you may see other Block Templates here that were created be your teammates. You can import their designs into your own courses and vice versa. Sharing is caring, as they say!
3) Next, select the New Block Template button at the top of the Block Templates menu.
4) Finally, simply select the blocks of content that you’d like to include in your Block Template, and when you’re ready, select Save at the top of the screen.
As you save your new template, a window will appear that will (A) allow you to give it a name and (B) decide whether you’d like to share this template with your team (that is, if you have an Articulate 360 Teams account). Once saved, your new Block Template is ready to use!
Tip: You can always rename your template or change your mind about sharing by selecting the pencil icon within your Block Templates collection.
So, you want to repurpose an entire course? Say no more!
Consistency across multiple e-Learning modules is advantageous to learner retention, simplified course development, and to a happier brand and marketing team! So, reduce time and effort by creating a template for all your Rise 360 e-Learning courses.
The first step toward an entire course template is to develop the “ideal course,” which should have all the bells and whistles you’ll need across your e-Learning courses moving forward. Make sure the branding, layout, functionality, and any reusable content are perfect at this stage before moving on to the next step.
Ready? OK, it’s time to either duplicate or share your Rise 360 template for repeated use!
And it’s simple:
1) Navigate to your Rise 360 e-Learning library
2) Hover over your “prototype course” that you want to copy
3) Select the ellipsis icon (…)
4) Then, choose Send a Copy to give this course template to a colleague (No Articulate 360 Teams subscription required!) or Duplicate to create a duplicated version just for you.
If you haven’t used these “reuse-reduce-recycle” techniques for developing e-Learning in Rise 360, well, what are you waiting for? Give ‘em a try!
We’d love to hear about your experiences and any “a-ha” moments in the comment section below. And until next time, happy developing!